Immune system: The immune system of people in group A is not very robust and does not fight infection very well; therefore, it is important that they follow the right diet in order to strengthen it.
Digestive system: It is quite sensitive and delicate, and has some difficulty digesting protein and animal fat (especially mammals’). It is better suited to digesting fish, legume and nut protein and carbohydrates. Unlike group O, people in group A have a greater need to schedule their meals according to regular biological rhythms.
Nervous system and stress: People in group A are quite sensitive to stress, and have a rather low stress threshold; hence, even slight worries may constitute a strain. They should take care to protect themselves from physical and mental exertion, particularly when long-lasting, that can lead to anxiety, irritability and a tendency to mental exhaustion. Somehow they need to have certainties with respect to their life and their future.
Physical activity: Exercise is important: it should not be strenuous in order to counteract stress, relax the nervous system and reduce the mental tension that can undermine their health in the long term. Also indicated are exercises aimed at increasing the elasticity of the joints. Rest is the best way to restore their energies.
Behaviour: They are easily adaptable, with a calm personality and a pronounced spirit of cooperation which translate into good relational skills and a capacity for group work. In general, they are sensitive and intuitive; in addition, they are rather methodical, and bring these qualities to their work. They approach their activities methodically and prefer regular, fixed timetables. They find change difficult to accept, and in the short term they tend to see the disadvantages rather than the opportunities. In general they exercise doubt and ask themselves many questions, but once convinced they see things through. They evaluate change carefully because for them it represents a strain.
- Beverages: green tea, barley coffee, chicory coffee, coffee, natural water, camomile, wine (with meat and eggs, never with rice or maize), hibiscus, fennel tea.
- Meat: chicken, turkey.
- Cereals and grains: amaranth, buckwheat, oats, maize (polenta, popcorn), barley, rice (all types, including crackers), quinoa, millet.
- Cheese: goat’s milk, feta, tofu, cow’s milk (low-fat ricotta and mozzarella).
- Fruits: all seasonal fruit, apart from the ones included in the “to avoid” list. Use on its own or in combination with proteins, never with cereals.
- Nuts and dried fruit: figs, prunes, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds.
- Milk: soy milk and yoghurt, rice, oats and almond milk beverages. Always on their own, not in combination with cereals.
- Legumes: black-eyed peas, lentils, soy beans, cannellini beans, green beans, fava beans, peas, fresh kidney beans, black beans.
- Vegetables: all seasonal vegetables, apart from the ones included in the “to avoid” list.
- Fish: all kinds, apart from the ones included in the “to avoid” list.
- Eggs: soft-boiled, poached, scrambled, hard-boiled, never fried in oil or butter
- Wine: excellent oil replacement for sautéed or cooked fish and meat.
FOODS TO AVOID
- Beverages: carbonated drinks, beer, decaffeinated tea, black tea.
- Meat: red meat (beef, veal, horsemeat), rabbit, bresaola, pork and cured meats, speck, all kinds of ham.
- Sweets: use sweets sparingly, and avoid foods that contain flour and sugar in combination, sweets containing cream and cow’s milk ice cream.
- Cereals and grains: rye, wheat, hulled wheat, kamut and their derivatives (bread, pasta, crackers, biscuits, bran, semolina, seitan, couscous, pancakes, unleavened bread, pizza, etc.)
- Fruits: oranges, tangerines, clementines, bananas, melon. Avoid the combination of fruit and cereals.
- Nuts pistachio nuts, cashew nuts, Brazil nuts.
- Milk and dairy products: cow’s milk, cow’s milk yoghurt and cheese; matured cheese and fatty dairy products are strongly advised against.
- Legumes: butter beans, dried borlotti beans, chickpeas.
- Vegetables: aubergines, black olives, peppers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, tomatoes.
- Fish: anchovies, eel, herring, perch, oysters, hake, octopus, sole, catfish, frogs, smoked fish, crustaceans and molluscs.
- Eggs: fried in oil or butter
- Seasonings and dressings: fried and sautéed vegetables, all kinds of vinegar, butter, pepper, chilli peppers and stock cubes.